Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

Shatter me

'Shatter me' by Tahereh Mafi - 2011

Blurb.....
You can't touch me," I whisper.
I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own.
After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


All I can say is WOW!!!! I really loved this book. It states that it is likened to The hunger games and the X-men and they weren't wrong. What a great concept and I am definately hanging out for the sequel. You are immediately drawn to Juliette. To see her so broken and defeated your heart breaks for her loneliness. Then Adam comes along and her world is turned upside down and Juliette suddenly feels hope for the first time in her life and maybe a little chance of love.


Visit Tahereh's site: http://www.taherehmafi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment